1.Take a hot bath before bed
2. Get some exercise. Recent studies do not show that exercise in the evening disturbs sleep. So, if 8 pm is when you wish to hit the treadmill, go for it.
3. As far as possible, stick to the same sleep schedule on weekdays as well as the weekends
4. Avoid caffeine later in the day, after 2 pm. If you are accustomed to your morning java, and you have no problem sleeping, no need to stop just because you have an occasional night with poor sleep
5. Avoid alcohol before bedtime
6. Avoid large meals or beverages, just before bedtime. Do not go to bed hungry either. A light carbohydrate-based snack 1 hour before bedtime may be optimal.
7. Keep power naps during the day restricted to under 30 minutes and do not take naps after 4 pm.
8. Expose yourself to bright sunlight at sunrise
9. The bedroom is for sleep, banish all electronic devices
10. Do not use blue light emitting LED devices from approximately an hour before bedtime
11. Experiment and use mattresses and pillows that suit you
12. Keep the bedroom cool, dark and noise free
13. If you cannot go to sleep, do not lie in bed awake. Get up and move away and return to bed only when you feel sleepy
14. Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual, such as saying a prayer or meditating
Registered Address: Innovative Foam Ltd, 506, Vardhaman Chambers, Horniman Circle, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001. CIN: U74120MH2013PLC248465